Text size in Idle under X11?

Alex the_brain at mit.edu
Sun Oct 8 10:58:42 EDT 2000

> I downloaded and tried version .05 and still have the same small font.
> Since I use Debian, I'm afraid that installing Python later than 1.5.2
> will likely break several scripts if I jump to 1.6 or a CVS version.
> So I guess I'll wait until version 2.0 is formally released and
> incorporated into Debian a year to 18 months from now. ;-)

You could do what I do, which is build a CVS version of python, and
stick it somewhere other than /usr.  I do this because the folks
responsible for maintaining my machines don't want to have to track
who's doing what to the machines' core binaries, but it would also be
appropriate in your case, I suppose.

When you build it, you just need to run configure with an argument like
'--prefix=~'  Then make install will put the binary in ~/bin

Alex.

--
Speak softly but carry a big carrot.