Web Development

echuck at mindspring.com echuck at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 17 07:54:08 EDT 2000

In article <8qloh6$djs$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,
  Charles Medcoff <cmedcoff at sprynet.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm fairly new to both but I trying to get started with web
development
> using Python.  A web server with CGI capabilities is what I'm shooting
> for as a first step.  Unfortunately I'm working on Windows NT so
> CGIHTTPServer doesn't help me any.  I'd appreciate any advice,
> references to papers, books, URL’s, etc. that might help me get
> started.  (I already have an order in for "Internet Programming with
> Python" on Amazon. I know that it is out of print, but hopefully they
> can find me a copy).

I believe I read in the Python 2.0 release notes that CGIHTTPServer now
works on Windows. What version of Python are you using? You can get the
2.0 final release here:
  http://www.pythonlabs.com/products/python2.0/

Also, you can run Apache on Windows (I do).
  http://httpd.apache.org/

Also, you should check out Webware for Python. It's broken into
components so you can bite off as much or as little as you would like.
It includes an app server, CGI wrapper, servlets, Python Server Pages,
etc.
  http://webware.sourceforge.net

-Chuck

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/