Initial value of sys.path

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Mon Oct 30 08:45:03 EST 2000

> > I'm sorry, but which part are you still unclear on?  Why our foresight
> > isn't as good as our hindsight?

> Woops - obviously that came across as some kind of criticism. It
> *certainly*
> wasn't intended as one. Sorry.

I'm glad I changed it then - my original was worse ;-)  However, I did give
you the benefit of the doubt, so no apology required!

> I really just wanted to know whether a decision was made at some point not
> to have a site directory in Windows installations, or whether it was just
> that *no* decision had been made *to* have a site directory. If
> the former,
> what the reasons were.

The latter.  I should have phrased my original better.  Something like "a
conscious decision was made to make no decision regarding Windows at that
time" (or something like that ;-)

Mark.