New Python development process (SourceForge considered Harmful?)

Bernhard Reiter breiter at usf.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE
Tue Oct 10 13:34:29 EDT 2000

In article <mailman.970775658.29411.python-list at python.org>,
	"Jürgen A. Erhard" <juergen.erhard at gmx.net> writes:

> The problem with SourceForge is that there's no alternative.
> Or can anyone point to an equally *open* service?

It depends. You can get development accounts on different locations.
Including cvs and webpages and mailinglists.
And I think we should work towards making this a general attitue to
host free software projects at companies, university, agencies and
so on.

> And it's open to all comers... there were/are various sites that give
> out CVS and web space... but even if they're known, it's rarely very
> well known that you can get access, and even if, it still feels like
> begging ("Hi Tom/Dick/Harry, I have this cool project and I'd really
> like to have some CVS and it would be great to... uhm, uhhh,...")

I am not sure if I acually regard a bigger formal step as better.
Convince somebody that your project is good and worth the effort.
I know completly useless projects on sourceforge.

	Bernhard
The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)