python-mode in xemacs -- font-locking and auto-indentation b0rken

Randall Hopper aa8vb at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 26 09:22:26 EDT 2000

Jason F. McBrayer:
 |I'm in the process of moving from GNU Emacs to XEmacs.  Python-mode
 |worked perfectly in GNU Emacs for font-locking and automatic
 |indentation.  It doesn't in XEmacs -- it seems to have a really hard
 |time telling where strings end.  I think it is confused by multiline
 |("triple quoted") strings.  Does anyone have any suggestions or
 |contrary experience?

Python mode works well for me in GNU Emacs (with fontification and
auto-indent).  Thanks Barry.

However, I have noticed (in GNU Emacs) what you describe with Python-mode
getting syntax-confused sometimes -- in particular with nested quoting
characters.  See attached.

Perhaps this is your problem?  If not, send a fragment that hoses
fontification.

--
Randall Hopper
aa8vb at yahoo.com