urllib problem with "version" now using Python 2.0

Gordon Williams g_will at cyberus.ca
Tue Oct 24 10:12:03 EDT 2000

I have been using a script to extract some information from web pages using
Python 1.5.2 for some time without problem.  Since I have changed to Python
2.0 (final) I have an .html error page sent back to me rather than the page
that I wanted.  The error message is:

Error Information
Machine: TFLAPP03
Date/Time: 10/23/00 13:26:01
Template: D:\Servers\The Fund Library
2K\tfl\FundCompany\CompanyDetail\p_CompanyDetail.cfm
Remote IP Address: 209.195.65.35
Referring URL:
Browser: Python-urllib/1.13
Query: Tab=price&SR=1&Sort=Fund_Name_TFL&Order=ASC&Company=40
Details: Parameter 2 of function Left which is now "0" must be a positive
integer

The error occurred while evaluating the expression:

 Version = Left(Version,Find(" ",Version))

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of
(CFSET), occupying document position (29:1) to (29:49).

** end of error message ***********

I'm not sure what "Version" is referring to in the error message (maybe some
header information???). Some changed have been made to the urllib module
since python 1.5.2 and I am wondering if a bug was introduced.

Any ideas??

Regards,

Gordon Williams