SMTP receive as well as send

Alex the_brain at mit.edu
Sat Oct 14 16:01:42 EDT 2000

> I'm in need of an SMTP setup that will allow me to receive as well as
> send messages. The Python SMTPlib looked like a good bet but it seems
> to be send-only (kind of like the POP3 lib stuff seems to be read
> only).

A python-based mailserver would be really cool, but I don't know of
one.  Most mailservers let you pass mail to an external program,
though.  As I understand mailman (all I've done is configure it for use;
I haven't looked at the source much,) that's how it works.  You might
want to take a look at it.

> Benny (who apologises if this has been discussed recently or if this
> is obviously posted somewhere but days of searching hasn't helped)

Heh, if we restricted ourselves to new stuff, the volume in the
newsgroup would be decimated or worse, and then how would we
procrastinate?  But this is a new question, to me, at any rate.

Alex.

--
Speak softly but carry a big carrot.