newbie

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Oct 20 11:28:03 EDT 2000

In article <8soeic$57gs$2 at newssvr05-en0.news.prodigy.com>, LONNIE wrote:

>I have been teaching myself python for about a month now for
>the simple reason that I have read alot of literature that says
>that its easy to jump from python to c++.

Python is an excellent language with with to learn generally
programming and object-oriented programming.  It is an
excellent first language (I'd recommend two or three others as
second/third languages rather than C++, but there are pragmatic
reasons why one might want to learn C++).

C++, just plain sucks (IMO). It's complicated, hard to write,
harder to read, and unsafe.  It will be far easier to learn,
however, if you already know the basics of programming and
object-oriented thinking -- and Python is excellent for
learning that.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  .. he dominates the
                                  at               DECADENT SUBWAY SCENE.