Python Labs Move

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Mon Oct 30 12:42:37 EST 2000

> > Guido's a good fellow, I'm sure, but Python is bigger than
> > him now. Look at it on the bright side: so far Python has
>
>It is always better to keep the future of a major project in hands of
>a single person who's immune to a sellout. In case it forks, one can
>still stick to the one true branch (Guido's Python).

More to the point, and as I hinted in the snipped out section,
design by committee is the kiss of death. But even still, Python
has become its own phenomenon and will continue to have a life
of its own. Perhaps now that this has happened, we should rename
it "Hydra": cut off a head, and two will grow in its place.

Apologies to Guido, of course.

:)-

C//