Historical details (was: Programmer-Wanna-Be (Is Python for me?))

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Fri Oct 13 09:23:08 EDT 2000

In article <1mxF5.36034$Cl1.869085 at stones>, Lokie <anthony at lokie.co.uk> wrote:
			.
>Tcl is an old scripting language which by some accounts is beginning to show
>its age and limitation against the new breed of languages such as Python
>that are beginning to emerge. TK is a GUI development system written in Tcl
			.
			.
			.
John Ousterhout had the idea for Tcl in 1987.  He began writing
it in 1988, and others were using it early that same year.

Guido thought up Python's essentials at the end of '89.  He made
a first working version at the beginning of '90.  Colleagues used
it in '90.  He posted a release to NetNews in '91.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net