Is this a dream or a nightmare? (Was Re: XML)

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Sun Oct 8 11:26:15 EDT 2000

"David T. Grove" <pete at petes-place.com> wrote in message
news:39dfe6db.42535595 at news.davesworld.net...

<snip>

> Said that wrong too. Sorry... lack of sleep. I mean, I
lumped several
> languages together. VB and C with Python (which wasn't any
kind of jab
> at the Python language), and separated out C++ as an
extreme. There
> are actually studies done on this if you are really
interested in line
> counts. Look them up.
>
> ---
>
> So, it appears then that my concern in moving to Python is
less one of
> off-by-one slices, and more of slowing down my train of
thought to
> come closer to the computer's way of thinking than my own.
Of course,
> it's only one step away from Perl, and doesn't slow me
down to a crawl
> as VB or C would, and doesn't use nearly as much fluff as
C++. It will
> just take a bit of getting used to, sort of like moving
from upper
> long island to the virginia coast (as opposed to moving to
the
> Tennessee hills).

One recent study that many of this group participated in
shows that python uses less lines of code than the other
languages.

http://wwwipd.ira.uka.de/~prechelt/Biblio/jccpprtTR.pdf

Perhaps there are counter example studies you could point us
to?

After-you-learn-to-walk-you-learn-to-run-ly y'rs,

--

Emile van Sebille
emile at fenx.com