MS Windows Clipboard

Paul Moore gustav at morpheus.demon.co.uk
Sun Oct 29 16:26:23 EST 2000

On Sun, 29 Oct 2000 00:40:49 +0200, "Alex Martelli"
<aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Depends on the generality one can reach without excessive
>effort, I guess.  Here, as an alternative, is a stand-alone VC++
>implementation which I hacked together by modifying a
>component I had once written to turn clipboard changes into
>COM events (removing the COM stuff, adding the Python
>interface, and a simple event-loop with timeout...).  You can
>save it to clipwait.cpp, and build and install clipwait.pyd with
>the following setup.py:

Wow! Thank you for this... I will look at it in detail later (no time
right now), but it seems like exactly the sort of thing I was trying
to do. I could probably have coded the Windows bits myself, but seeing
it in a proper Python format, with a setup.py as well, is very useful.

Paul Moore