Remote Procedure Call

Olivier Dagenais olivierS.dagenaisP at canadaA.comM
Mon Oct 16 15:44:57 EDT 2000

I hate to disappoint you, but RPC *is* a complicated thing!  You can look in
"The Vaults of Parnassus" for RPC stuff
[http://www.vex.net/parnassus/apyllo.py?so=d&find=rpc] or you can write your
own, simple special-case one, like I did:  use CGI and pass a variable
called "method" and a few variables called "parameterX".  You can urlencode
your results back to your client, too, to stay consistent in your data
encoding/decoding and it's REALLY easy to get started.  Give me a little
while to finish my implementation and to release my code and you'll have a
working example, too!

pick-up-any-operating-systems-book-to-know-just-how-complicated-rpc-can-be-l
y y'rs :)

Olivier A. Dagenais - Software Architect and Developer
"Someone called 'Type your name here' is impersonating me on the
internet and is posting exactly the same things I am posting!"

"Sandor" <sandor at cwcom.net> wrote in message
news:LSFG5.3366$eI1.18191 at news1-hme0...
> To anyone who can help,
> I am fairly new to network programming and I am trying to find out how to
> write a simple program in Python implementing RPC. Everywhere I look on
RPC