Do any debuggers work with Python threads?

jeffg at provenance.com.au jeffg at provenance.com.au
Mon Oct 23 18:49:48 EDT 2000

Is there any way I can use any of the Python debuggers with Python
applications that are multi-threaded using the 'threading' module?

I'm talking about a pure Python app at the moment. I don't need to
worry about debugging external C modules.

I've tried IDLE, Wing & pdb to no avail. The developers of Wing say
they plan to implement it in the next major version, but that's months
away.

I'm mainly working under Linux, but do occasional work in Windows.

Other than putting print statements everywhere, do I have any other
option?