Problems managing Python source with CVS

Kevin Smith Kevin.Smith at sas.com
Wed Nov 1 15:24:50 EST 2000

I have been developing some fairly large Python packages lately and I would
like to use CVS to manage them.  I am new to CVS and I'm having trouble
putting the two together effectively.  The major obstacle is how to test a
modified file that is part of a package without having to checkout the entire
package.  For example,

mypackage/__init__.py
                 mod1.py    # imports stuff from mod2
                 mod2.py

After checking out mod2.py and making my modifications, I'm not sure how to
get mod1.py to import my modified version of mod2.py to test the changes
rather than importing the objects from mod2.py in the unmodified tree.

Kevin Smith
Kevin.Smith at sas.com