python 1.5.2 time bug?

Anton Gluck gluc at midway.uchicago.edu
Wed Nov 1 11:30:53 EST 2000

Hello,

Is there possibly a bug in Python 1.5.2 in its handling of the time? Since
yesterday python tells me that it's December 31 1969. I've tried this on my
own machine (running Windows 2000) and on a Unix machine at work (some flavor
of Solaris). time.clock() returns values close to 0 (but increasing -
apparently the clock was reset? it rolled over?), and
time.asctime(time.localtime(time.clock())) gives me the 1969 date.

Outside python both machines that I tried give me the correct date and time.

Thanks for your attention,

Anton Gluck