XBase for Python?

andy47 at my-deja.com andy47 at my-deja.com
Mon Nov 6 01:29:50 EST 2000

In article <3a05ee04$0$62632$726baab at news.execpc.com>,
  Jim Sabatke <jsabatke at execpc.com> wrote:
> This is a re-send as it looks like the first one didn't get through.
>
> Jim Sabatke wrote:
>
> > Is there a package that will read/write XBase, or similar, files?
> > don't want to use a full featured RDBMS for simple programs.
>
> --
> Jim Sabatke
> SuSE 6.3 Linux
> Kernel - 2.2.13
> http://www.execpc.com/~jsabatke
>
> A cat is more intelligent than people believe, and can be taught any
crime.
> -- Mark Twain

Jumping on the bandwagon, can I expand the question to something more
general. I have a requirement to build a system which would
most 'easily' be developed in MS tools (Access, VB, etc.) as
integration with MS Word and Outlook are high on the feature list.

I'd rather not go that way and am looking at using Python + window
toolkit for the front end and would like any help or pointers for which
database I could use (must be Windows I'm afraid) as the back end.
Also, any pointers on interfacing with MS Word/Outlook/Excel would be
most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Andy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/