News server for c.l.p.

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 6 15:38:55 EST 2000

"Steve Holden" <sholden at holdenweb.com> wrote in message
news:3A06DA56.7140A6AB at holdenweb.com...
    [snip]
> I have been using usenetserver.com for three months now, and have been
> very pleased with it.  There have been a couple of technical problems,
> which have received prompt e-mail responses, and I have actually spoken
> to a REAL PERSON once when I my postings weren't completing (turned out
> to be a firewall problem).  The service costs ten bucks a month at my
> lowly level (I don't read binary newgroups), and is excellent value for
> money.

For $120/year versus Newsguy's $25/year (Basic level; $70/year for
'Extra' level, including personal website, mailbox, binary-newsgroups
archive, article-search feature, and I forget what else:-) they'd better
provide *outstanding* service... given that Newsguy's service is more
or less OK.  I can buy 2 or 3 Python books a year with the savings:-).

Alex