Security Concerns

Jon Ribbens jon+python-list at unequivocal.co.uk
Wed Nov 1 05:34:02 EST 2000

Aahz Maruch <aahz at panix.com> wrote:
> No more than that caused by Perl, overall.  I'd say most security
> problems in Python come from badly designed os.system() calls, just like
> in Perl.

IMHO Python is considerably *more* secure than Perl, because it is so much
simpler than Perl. It is a lot easier to be sure that what the intepreter
thinks you mean is the same as what you actually mean, and that your code
has the effect you intended, and only the effect you intended.

(This is the main reason I am using Python, not Perl...)

Cheers

Jon