Python 1.5 v 2 (to be embedded in garphics app)

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Wed Nov 1 10:38:29 EST 2000

In article <3a000991.53776 at news.newsguy.com>,
Owen F. Ransen <ransen_spam_me_not_ at nemo.it> wrote:

>How different is Python 2 from Python 1.5?
>
>I have a Dr Dobbs Python Resource CD (1999), is
>that way out of date?

2.0 is considerably different from 1.5.2; it's even more different from
1.5.  But I think what you're really asking is whether what you learn
for 1.5.2 will be obsolete when you switch to 2.0.  IMO, the answer is
"not much".  Just about everything in 1.5.2 works the same, and there
are only a few new features in 2.0 that obsolete idioms that you learn
for 1.5.2.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"I have the heart of a child.  I keep it in a jar on my desk."  --Robert Bloch