CPython vs. Jython/JPython

Rodrigo Senra rodsenra at correionet.com.br
Sat Nov 4 22:08:15 EST 2000

Greg Jorgensen wrote:

> "Ingo Adler" <ingo.adler at synacon.ch> wrote in message
> news:39FF4663.A7B5E81E at synacon.ch...
> > Bill de hÓra wrote:
> >
> > > Raw C written by a good programmer is typically more efficient in space
> >
> > There are benchmarks that show the opposite.
>

> There is no way that a Java program can be faster than the equivalent C
> program, on the same computer, if the best practices and idioms of each
> language are followed. Of course a skilled programmer using Java (or Visual
> Basic, for that matter) can write more efficient code than a bad C
> programmer, but that's comparing programmers, not languages.

Point taken, though I think the heart of the matter is that Java takes
less effort on the part of the programmer than C.

>That would be equivalent to asserting that Michael Jordan
>with a 50 pound weight on his back can play better than
>Michael Jordan without the weight.

Well, it is no help at jumping definetely, but probably won't
affect his shooting and might improve his *body blocking* ;o)

Sometimes-if-code-is-overhead-or-run-time-lib-is-a-matter-of-perspective-ly
yr's
--
Rodrigo Senra
Computer Engineer   (GPr Sistemas Ltda)  rodsenra at correionet.com.br