P*rl in Latin, whither Python?

Mikael Olofsson mikael at isy.liu.se
Tue Nov 14 02:25:50 EST 2000

On 14-Nov-00 Steve Lamb wrote:
 >  On Tue, 14 Nov 2000 04:11:13 GMT, Steve Williams <sandj.williams at gte.net>
 >  wrote:
 > >Andrew Kuchling wrote:
 >
 > >> With me it's which/that; no one has ever explained the precise rules
 > >> between them, yet I'm always  .  "Python, that has been developed since
 > >> 1989, is a ..."  vs. "Python, which has been...".
 >
 > >To paraphrase Rudolph Fleisch:  "Removing 'which' and 'that' will improve
 > >any
 > >English sentence."
 >
 > >Python, under development since 1989, is a . . .
 >
 >  Luke: Uncle Owen.  What about one?
 >
 >      Well, almost any English sentence.  :)

Maybe you all should check out the "Majority English dibuls" at

  http://www.bentarz.se/me/

Every week they produce a dibul (=digital bulletin) about English for
non-native speakers, which (that?) you can subscribe to via email. I
find these (those?) dibuls both amusing and educational.

/Mikael

E-Mail:  Mikael Olofsson <mikael at isy.liu.se>
WWW:     http://www.dtr.isy.liu.se/dtr/staff/mikael
Phone:   +46 - (0)13 - 28 1343