STDIO Questions.

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Nov 13 22:52:06 EST 2000

euler27182 at my-deja.com wrote:
> "Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at effbot.org> wrote:
> > you asked the same question yesterday (with a slightly
> > different capitalization).  here's my reply:
> >
> > http://www.deja.com/=dnc/getdoc.xp?AN=692659228
>
> Your answer seems to clarify the problem, but I was hoping for more robust
> (or platform independant) behaviour from Python.  Oh, well.

You realize that what you are asking, is for Python to fix an inherently
platform-specific behaviour issue which no other language or system has
likely ever fixed?  Not asking much, are you?  ;-)

Still, it wouldn't be hard to write a little module designed to
encapsulate the differences between platforms, and use the appropriate
platform-specific code to do The Right Thing.  I suspect few people feel
the need.

--
Peter Hansen