Cookie

Niklas Frykholm r2d2 at acc.umu.se
Tue Nov 14 09:41:52 EST 2000

>Can anyone help me write a secure(?) cookie for validating user & =
>password on the web?

How secure? No cookie is completely secure, unless you are using an
encrypted (SSL) session, because an attacker can always sniff the
cookie.

You get the best security by using a cookie that changes with each
connection to the server and has a short expiry date. I have written
some code for this that I once planned to make into a module (I
moved on to other things). If you don't mind wading through half-
baked code, I could send it to you.

// Niklas