Python for ASP

perezmu at my-deja.com perezmu at my-deja.com
Tue Nov 7 07:02:47 EST 2000

Hello,

I am trying to write ASP scripting under python. I have been able to
run simple scripts, but I do have a big problem when trying to access
all the ASP Objects, since Microsoft documentation is focused to
VBScript mainly.

For instance, it took me lots of net searches to find
how to define a session variable (Session.SetValue("name") to write and
Session.Value("name") to retrieve its value).

Now I have a few questions for things I am not able to do:

1) I want to redirect a page; according to the IIS documentation, the
Response object should be used: Response.Redirect URL. I am not able to
use this object from Python. Any one has done this before?

2) I request login to access to my pages via an NT net server. Is the
login name stored somewhere in the ASP jungle?

And now more general questions:

1) Do you now any good resource for ASP programming in python?

2) Is PHP any better?

Thanks!

Arturo.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/