python compiler??

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 11 10:44:27 EST 2000

"Maurice Ling" <htling at cyberway.com.sg> wrote in message
news:3A0D5E8A.F9788C86 at cyberway.com.sg...
> I think I have to make myself clear again.
>
> What I'm looking for is a Python compiler, which compiles the python
> source into executable binaries. My main intention is not to distribute
> my source codes and I'm developing for Windows platform.
>
> Can someone help??

I'll repeat the same suggestion once again, since your problem
statement has not changed substantially:
http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/install1.html

It's *NOT* "a Python compiler": you use the Python compiler
you already have (python.exe, just a thin shell over python15.dll),
which produces the compiled .pyc or .pyo files; then, McMillan's
Installer programs package those compiled-files, and all their
dependencies (including binaries such as .EXE, .DLL, .PYD) into
a stand-alone .EXE (for Windows, which is what you need).

I'm not sure why you keep looking for "a Python compiler" when
I (and others) have already indicated that the "Installer" is in
fact what you need (you *already* have a Python compiler that
makes binaries out of your sources... why would you want
another?!).  Be assured that you do NOT have to "distribute your
source codes" -- even without the Installer, you could easily
distribute in binary-only form in several ways -- but the Installer
makes that particularly easy to achieve on Windows.

Alex