problems with SocketServer rfile.read()

Wester wester at ilt.fhg.de
Tue Nov 7 12:50:26 EST 2000

Hi,

I want to make my own little http-server. So I derived a class from
BaseHTTPServer.BaseHTTPRequestHandler and implemented do_GET and
do_POST. With the do_POST method everything works fine as long as the
content-length transmitted by the client is correct. I read the
transmitted data with:

    contentlength =
string.atoi(self.headers.getheader('content-length'))
    data = self.rfile.read(contenlength)

But when the data section contains less then contentlength bytes
self.rfile.read(contenlength) hangs obviously
waiting for more bytes. Is there any way out of this problem?

Thanks

Rolf