Installation windows NT...help

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 8 06:21:38 EST 2000

"Henk" <henk at bitwise.nl> wrote in message
news:3A0923D3.61981578 at bitwise.nl...
> I've downloaded and installed python 2.0 but i can't get the scripts to
> work under windows NT. I get the following message when i try to run the
> script in the browser:
>
> The specified procedure could not be found.

Have you installed the win32all extensions, or the ActiveState Python
distribution?  The standard Python distribution of NT works fine, but
doesn't run "in the browser" (assuming you mean Internet Explorer's
facility for "scriptlets"/ActiveScripting) -- rather, Python scripts
run from the command-line (if Python is in the PATH), or with double
clicking (single-clicking suffices with Active-Desktop:-) of icons,
or Start/Programs/Python 2.0/IDLE will give you an interactive shell.

win32all extensions (also included in the ActiveState distribution)
add, among other things, ActiveScripting compliance to Python, so you
can indeed use Python scripts "in the browser" (e.g., in a tag such
as
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="Python">
</SCRIPT>
in an HTML file, or with HTA's, etc, etc).

Alex