python-java

Martin von Loewis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Wed Nov 8 15:39:40 EST 2000

Giorgio Brajnik <giorgio at dimi.uniud.it> writes:

> Excluding the adoption of Jpython (as I guess that would require a
> substantial porting of the application), can anybody point me to some
> interesting library/module that interfaces python with java?
>
> Is java-IDL and python-Fnorb a viable alternative route?

I'd always suggest it as the primary route. Whether you chose Fnorb,
omniORBpy or ILU on the "C" end of things makes still alternatives; on
the Java end, there is also a number of alternative ORBs (although
java-IDL is what comes with JDK, so that may be easiest to use).

I don't think doing JRMI in Python is easy - even if you'd use
RMI-IIOP and Fnorb. Others will propose a SOAP/XML or XML-RPC
protocol; that is a matter of beliefs.

Regards,
Martin