Python directly on SVGA screen, PyFLTK system

gideon9999 at my-deja.com gideon9999 at my-deja.com
Tue Nov 7 06:00:39 EST 2000

In article <svm20bp3rkpr24 at corp.supernews.com>,
  richard at fey.whitequeen.com ((null)) wrote:
> $ from didier.doussaud at analis.fr -#109632 | sed "1,$s/^/> /"
> >

> >I want to use Python to develop application to run on a PC/LINUX without
> >Standard Screen.
> >
> >(it has an arcade monitor on a VGA card, thats work fine in DOS with
> >appropriate
> >driver)
>
> You may want to take a look at microwindows for a graphic system aimed
> at embedded markets. Its supports both the Win32 and X-like APIs and
> FLTK has been ported to it.
>
> In theory pyFLTK should just work with the micrownidows-FLTK but I'm still
> having problems with compiling pyFLTK, does anyone know the status of
> it ? They don't appear to have released anything since March.

I've been able to compile PyFLTK and get it running on a NT system. It took
some time to figure out what i had to do, but now it runs as a charm. There
is a mailing list for PyFLTK but there hasn't been any traffic since july.
Tried to mail the maintainers but one mail bounced and the other didn't come
back. I've made some changes which I would like to integrate in the code
base.

best,

gideon

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/