Q: python and mySQL on linux

Doug Kellogg dak at mind.net
Fri Nov 10 18:02:42 EST 2000

hwan-jo yu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It seems that mxODBC is running only on windows environment since ODBC is
> for windows.
> Is there any way to use MySQL with python on Linux ?
> Thanks.

I'm using MySQL on Linux and have a weather database, with highs and
lows for every day.  I tried to construct a program in perl to give me
the temperatures for a given day, but could never get it to work, even
though I've done similar things with MySQL and perl on other UNIX
machines.  I then rewrote the program using python and  the MySQL
module, and it worked the first time.  I was amazed.

Doug