syntax error?why?

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Nov 6 08:50:09 EST 2000

Peter Hansen wrote:

> Robert L Hicks then wrote:
> >
> > It works...it could just work better. That doesn't make it a bug.
>
> Actually, according to the definitions at
> http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=bug (and the
> most-referenced synonym at
> http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=defect), that *does* make
> it a bug (for prescriptive semanticists, anyway).
>
> Anyway, why get your knickers in a knot over something as minor as the
> question of which word to use to describe the idea that it might be
> possible to *improve* the current behaviour of Python?  Bug, blemish,
> glitch, feature... whatever.

What, you mean I've been a prescriptive semanticist all this
time and I've just been calling myself a computer scientist?

But-my-knickers-were-never-that-knotted-ly y'rs - steve
--
Helping people meet their information needs with training and technology.
703 967 0887      sholden at bellatlantic.net      http://www.holdenweb.com/