What is Python?

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Mon Nov 20 11:03:48 EST 2000

In article <3A18B6A5.2EFC0C46 at alcyone.com>,
Erik Max Francis  <max at alcyone.com> wrote:
>Nick Bensema wrote:
>>
>> Come to think of it, I can't think of any examples
>> of being wordy.  Maybe the last time I looked at
>> Esperanto, I was reading some sentence that had to do that
>> juggle-things-around-so-the-sentence-doesn't-end-in-a-preposition
>> thing that every language but English has to do.
>
>I think in strictly proper English, you're supposed to be good about
>this, but nobody really takes it seriously anymore, including most
>English books.  There are times when removing dangling prepositions are
>downright result in a downright awkward sentence.

I think that you're wrong.  I think that in the late 19th Century, some
overly prescriptive Latin scholars tried to push a change (actually,
several changes) through in the English language and unfortunately a few
people chose to believe them.  Since the 1960s and 1970s, those voices
have been mostly shut up.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"as long as we like the same operating system, things are cool." -- piranha