Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread

Ken Kinder kkinder at tridog.com
Sun Nov 5 18:06:44 EST 2000

Sorry about the slow response. Anyway, that sounds like what's going on and I
would appreciate it if you could give me a little more feedback. The situation
is, I initially had a bucket of trouble getting MySQLdb compiled on BSDi, and
since it compiled fine on Linux, I just tried using the same gcc commands that
distutils used on my Linux box with BSDi, which compiled it fine and led to
the PyThread_Get: no current thread

One thing I had to do is add -lpython1.5 to resolve a bunch of unresolved
symbals at link stage; could this be double-binding the module as you describe
below? If so, how else do I resolve all those symbals??

Thanks for your help, this has really been a pain and I'd be very happy to get
it working right.