mxODBC attribute error with MySQL

Steve Williams sandj.williams at gte.net
Tue Nov 7 00:04:34 EST 2000

Peter Hansen wrote:

> Keith MacDonald wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to use mxODBC 1.1.1 with MySQL and ActivePython 2.  The only
> > example I can find to get me started is in the mxODBC documentation, but
> > this is what I get when I try it:

> > AttributeError: Connect
> >
> > (same error using "connect" as well)
> >
> > This is kind of unhelpful, as it gives me no idea what is wrong.  Can anyone
> > help me with this?

I don't know anything about MySQL, but the following works for DB2 and, I think,
Interbase:

    import ODBC.Windows
    . . .
    connectionODS = ODBC.Windows.Connect('ODS',user='gorgon',password='xyzzy')
    cursorODS = connectionODS.cursor()
    cursorODS.execute('select * from whatever')
    resultSet = cursorODS.fetchall()
    cursorODS.close()
    connectionODS.close()

resultSet is a two-dimensional list of  rows and then columns.