python, DCOracle or other, Oracle client, RedHat 7.0?

Bill Scherer Bill.Scherer at VerizonWireless.com
Fri Nov 10 12:09:52 EST 2000

Ari -

Yes, you really do need an Oracle client.  AFAIK, you can't download
just the client from the technet site, but you can download the whole
thing, and just install the client.

DCOracle works great on linux; I use it all the time, and usually not on
the box that Oracle is running on.  I've used Python and DCOracle to
connect to multible databases simultaneously without difficulty.
Compiling it on Linux can be a bit troubling, but I can help with that
if you need it.

Good luck!

Bill