P*rl in Latin, whither Python?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon Nov 13 12:09:51 EST 2000

Steve Lamb wrote:

>     Not this American.  I'm just having a tough time learning
> Esperanto since
> I've not been able to find any formal classes near me.  The Email
> version of
> the free course didn't do to well with me and as much as I try to go
> through
> the two Esperanto books I have (Teach Yourself series) I feel I need
> interactive work with other people to get it.  Ah well.

Best thing to do in your situation is read soc.culture.esperanto (not
for the discussions, but for the Esperanto content), and try joining
#Esperanto on your local IRC server and trying to carry on a
conversation, or find some people in ICQ and strike up a conversation.
Tell them you're a native English speaker (presuming here) and that
you're just learning; most will be glad to help you along.

There's also an audio tape version of the Teach Yourself series, which
may or may not be helpful to you.

/  \ Man is a hating rather than a loving animal.
\__/ Rebecca West
    REALpolitik / http://www.realpolitik.com/
 Get your own customized newsfeed online in realtime ... for free!