GUID Generators for non-Windows systems?

Kevin Jacobs jacobs at darwin.epbi.cwru.edu
Mon Nov 6 08:15:24 EST 2000

Mike Fletcher <mfletch at tpresence.com> wrote:
> The E2FSProgs solution looks like the "right" way to go. Does every
> Linux/Unix system have it (or is it really easy for people to install)?  If
> so, doing an os.system under a sys.platform check sounds fine (I'm not going
> to try and wrap it as a python module on a platform to which I have no
> access :o) ).

Be careful -- uuidgen also exists under Digital/Compaq {Tru64} Unix and
requires their NT emulation services to be running.

-Kevin

Informatics Consultant                  | Department of Epidemiology
Primary mail:   jacobs at theopalgroup.com |   & Biostatistics
Alternate mail: jacobs at darwin.cwru.edu  | Case Western Reserve University