Win2k/Samba/win32file weirdness

Tino Lange Tino.Lange at surf-callino.de
Sat Nov 4 14:39:11 EST 2000

"Evan Gibson" <egibson at connect.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 01:11:25PM +0000, Georg Mischler wrote [...]

> > When accessing files on a Linux server running Samba from
> > a Windows2000 client, [...]

> Interesting... I'm not sure if it's related but I'm having
> other non-Python problems with Win2K and Samba.
> So it looks like some of the ways Win2K tries to login to Samba
> don't work, but others do...

I had problems with Samba and Win2000, too.
But there was an update by the Samba-developers.
The Samba < 2.0.7 had problems with Win2000 because MS has made some changes
in Win2000 to the SMB protocol...

But, after upgrading to the newest version (Samba 2.0.7) everything works
fine here again.
Maybe you should look for the new *.rpm's too?
www.samba.org

Ciao

Tino