destructors order not guaranteed?

William S. Lear rael at zopyra.com
Wed Nov 1 23:24:05 EST 2000

"Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> writes:
> ...         Thus, [Python has] no (e.g.) dangling-references problem,
> but no elegant automatic-LIFO discipline, either ...

I think the elegant automatic-LIFO discipline is very valuable.  Why
could this not be guaranteed in Python?  If I remember correctly,
Frederick Lundh says that there is not even a guarantee that
destructors will be called.  I find this notion inelegant and
counter-intuitive, but perhaps my intuition is pointed in the wrong
direction.

Bill
--
William S. Lear | Who is there that sees not that this inextricable labyrinth
r a e l @       | of reasons  of state was artfully invented, lest the people