generating animations for web with gist

Janko Hauser jhauser at ifm.uni-kiel.de
Tue Nov 7 09:03:38 EST 2000

I generate the ppm picture directly with ghostsript, which is also
used by convert internally, AFAIK. Afterwards I use convert to cropt
the image. I thing this can also be done with PIL.

Here are my commands

gs -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=ppmraw -sOutputFile=tmp.ppm -c save
pop -f %s.ps -c quit # Maek this one line

convert -crop 0x0 tmp.ppm %s.ppm' % oname

HTH,
__Janko

--
  Institut fuer Meereskunde             phone: 49-431-597 3989
  Dept. Theoretical Oceanography        fax  : 49-431-565876
  Duesternbrooker Weg 20                email: jhauser at ifm.uni-kiel.de
  24105 Kiel, Germany