wxPython, Solaris and linking C++ objects and libraries

Laurent Pasquer Laurent.Pasquer at irisa.fr
Thu Nov 9 10:11:39 EST 2000

Paul Boddie wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been having some "fun" trying to get wxPython, wxGTK, and Python working
> together on Solaris. In what I believe to be a general linking problem with

 Hello,
I compiled Python/wxPython on Solaris (5.7) in this way :
CC=gcc-2.95.2
CCC=g++-2.95.2

Python-1.6 :
./configure --prefix=/arch_dd/imadoc/PROGS/Python --with-thread
 then modification of Makefile:116  (because of threads)
OPT=		-g -O2 -D_REENTRANT

 glib-1.2.8 ; gtk-1.2.8  : ./configure ; gmake ; gmake install

wxGTK-2.2.2
./configure --with-gtk --enable-static --enable-permissive --prefix=/arch_dd/imadoc/PROGS/wxWindows

wxPython-2.2.1
setenv WXWIN wxGTK_directory
python build.py -b
=> gmake -f Makefile   [on hand : build try the non-gnu Make which fails]
python build.py -i
=> gmake -f Makefile install  [on hand : build try the non-gnu Make which fails]

contact me if this has not helped you
--
Laurent.