Proposal: default __init__

Michael Hudson mwh21 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Nov 13 16:25:11 EST 2000

"Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> writes:

> Am I having hallucinations, are Michael Hudson
> (and AMK) having them, or did this use to work
> differently in some ancient Python (before 1.5.2,
> which is where I came in...) and was fixed in
> the last couple of years or so...?

It would seem I've been having one.  I was *sure*

<class>.attr

didn't do a search through the inheritance heirachy.  But it does.
Wow, that's a pretty basic thing to have got wrong for as long as I
have...

humbly-ly y'rs
M.

--
  If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them
  down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.