Excel file format

Pim van der Eijk pvdeijk at my-deja.com
Sat Nov 4 08:46:56 EST 2000

Excel file format is documented on the Microsoft MSDN site,  in the past you
did have to register (free) to be able to download it.  Note that it is a
very complex file format,  very hard to generate it from scratch if you
cannot use the Microsoft COM objects.  Perhaps you could do some kind of RPC
to a Windows machine to do this for you and send the results back to you?

<vonWedel at lfpt.rwth-aachen.de> wrote in message

Hello,

I want to transform data into Excel files using Python, not just data but
also
workbooks, etc.. Is there any module facilitating this?

On a Windows-machine I would simply use Excel's COM
interface to do this, but I'm on unix.

Is the Excel file format documented somewhere?

Lars