Best python cgi apache module?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at abnoba.intevation.de
Mon Nov 20 10:53:58 EST 2000

In article <3A165557.2AD53C0 at dreamwing.com>,
	Jeremy Friesen <rejemy at dreamwing.com> writes:

> I've been using PyApache to run python based webapps on my server for a
> while now. I'm fixing to upgrade my python to 2.0 and my apache to the
> latest 1.3 release, and I noticed that PyApache warns it may not work
> with higher releases.
>
> There seem to be a number of modules that I might use, so can anyone
> tell me what the "best" apache module is to accelerate python CGIs? I
> don't need any fancy features, just speed and stability. Does anyone
> have any experience here?

If you are using unix, my recommendation is using fast-cgi and the
dynamic options of the mod_fastcgi.
	http://www.suxers.de/python/fcgi.htm
	http://www.fastcgi.com

Oh, "why?" You ask?
Because it will scale well and open up a couple of persistant python
processes depending on the load.

AFAIK mod_python and mod_snake only allow one process per apache
process and some of them need to reset the python interpreter to
some extent for each run...

Bernhard
The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)