Date manipulation and Java 'interface' equivalents

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 13 04:28:16 EST 2000

"Martin Christensen" <knightsofspamalot-factotum at mail1.stofanet.dk> wrote in
message news:87hf5clwhd.fsf at fangorn.stofanet.dk...
    [snip]
> Or realising that there's a duh-switch at all. So much of learning how
> to programme well is flipping duh-switches. Isn't there something to
> be done about that, do you reckon? I think I can say without
> overstating it that it's not entirely unimportant.

I think that pairwise programming (one of the precepts of Extreme
Programming, XP) helps with that (although the benefits for which
XP recommends it are others).  By doing all of your programming
with a 'partner', and switching partners all the time, you're far
less likely to have one person's misconception or mental-block
persist -- it may, I guess, happen that _all_ the developers in
the team share that misconception, but it's clearly much rarer.

Alex