Python/Java job opportunity in Houston, TX

henaffp at kochind.com henaffp at kochind.com
Tue Nov 28 17:25:45 EST 2000

Aspect, LP is seeking a Java/Python software engineer

The Company

Aspect develops and markets risk management software as an ASP.
Aspect is based in Houston, TX, and its products and services
target North American companies that must manage energy and
commodities risk. Aspect's competitive advantage resides in the
elegant simplicity of its tools, and in its use of leading-edge
development tools and methods. The current revolution in ASP
technology allows Aspect to provide all of the breadth,
sophistication and industrial strength of conventional
enterprise risk management software applications at a fraction
of the traditional cost. Customers also avoid the overhead
and operational risk associated with locally installed
applications. The total cost of ownership is thus greatly
reduced, even as quality, reliability, support and the ability
to upgrade are all markedly improved.

Aspect's development philosophy is team-oriented. We strongly
encourage the incorporation into our platform of the latest
advances in technology and methods. We rely on all our analysts
and developers to help us maintain the best standards and
practices.

Aspect, LP was founded in October 2000, and is funded by
Koch Internet Business Strategies, the Venture Capital arm of
Koch Industries.

The Position

Aspect is currently looking for an experienced Java/Python
software engineer. This professional will be responsible for
two major projects. The first one will consist in designing
and developing a set of tools (Python scripts) to manage the
download of data from various ftp sites, and the upload into
our market database. The second project will involve
the reengineering of a financial calculation system. The
current system is written in Matlab, while the target system
will be written in Java with a Jpython front end.  The position
should involve substantial interaction with clients, to gather
requirements and obtain feedback.

The Candidate

Candidates should have an advanced degree in a related field:
Operations Research, Computer Science, or Mathematics.  Candidates
with an advanced degree in Mathematical Economics and Computational
Finance, and a strong programming background are also encouraged
to apply. The successful candidate should have the demonstrated
ability to develop accurate and robust code. Expertise in Java
and (J)Python is expected, but familiarity with Matlab is not
required.

This person will be part of a small, closely-knit team, and
will be involved with many different elements of Aspect's
technology and business. We are looking for an individual who is
eager to learn, grasps new concepts quickly,and shows a high
degree of initiative.

This Software Engineer will share the excitement and the
responsibility of starting a new company. This person will
work with state-of-the-art tools and techniques in the most
challenging and fastest-growing area of software development
today, the ASP market.

Aspect will offer salary and benefits for this position that
are competitive and that reflect the high caliber of person
required.

Apply

To apply for this position or for more information, send your
resume in inquiries to:

phenaff at aspect-lp.com

Patrick Henaff
President and COO