change directories(newbie)

Brendhan Horne brendhanhorne at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 7 11:09:27 EST 2000

OK I got this one I think.
When in DOS if I do a cd\ Python20 it will change the prompt to C:\python20
However it seems that it is still in a DOS based setup.  If  I am at
c:\Python20>
I have to enter python.exe to get the python command prompt. I set a path in
DOS where a DIR/s python.exe will now find the file but unless I click on
the python command line icon in windows changing directories to a python
prompt ie >>> has to be done by typing in c:\windows>cd\python20\python.exe.
 How do I get it from C;\windows> to  >>> in the shortest command possible
in a windows DOS setting.? Should I move or copy python,.exe straight to C:\
or is their another way?
Please forgive the vague standing of my previous question but I was trying
to figure the path ways to from this ">>>" to this "c:\" and the reverse in
a nice quick easy manner. I think I have a partial answer but a little
knowledge that is just dangerous enough to cause me to have to a:\format c:.

--
Thanks,
Brendhan
news:B6VN5.3593$B14.42568 at news4.mia...