Zope question

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sat Nov 11 22:32:17 EST 2000

"Philipp von dem Bussche-Hünnefeld" wrote:

> Hey folks,
> I´d like to use Zope, which is based on Python for my new project, an
> information portal.
> Unfortunately I do not have an own Webserver so I have to put my html-docs
> on a server of a host here in germany. Now my question is, if I am able to
> run Zope by installing just the necessary files in my home directory or if I
> have to ask my provider to install the paket for me.

Nobody can answer this question for you, except somebody familiar with
your service provider.  You should contact them and ask whether they
will allow you to run a server on their machine.  Nevertheless, if they
let you, you should be able to run Zope from your home directory.  I
wouldn't do it without asking...

--
Peter Hansen