glob broken in 2.0 on irix?

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Thu Nov 2 18:21:19 EST 2000

On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 12:06:51PM -0800, Pete Shinners wrote:

> i've just upgraded an irix machine from 1.5.2 to 2.0.
> i noticed pretty quick that the glob.glob() is always
> returning an empty list. this is still working fine
> under 1.5.2.
> is there something i should look into further? anyone
> recognize the culprit here?

Doesn't ring a bell, no. glob.py is also pretty straightforward, so I'm not
sure what could be going wrong. Can you check that 'os.listdir()' and
'os.isdir()' function properly ? How about the 're' module ? If all those
work, how about testing the 'fnmatch' module ?

The 're' module should have been covered by 'make test', or if you didn't
run it, you can run it now by running
$prefix/lib/python2.0/test/regrtest.py, optionally with just 'test_re' as
argument. fmatch doesn't have a test module, but it's easy enough to test
(see the docstring.) If all those work, well, shucks, something is wrong in
glob.py itself, I guess. You can add some debugging statements to glob.py to
see where it goes wrong. Like I said, it's pretty straightforward, if a bit
recursive.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>